ReLondon was established under the Greater London Authority Act 2007
as the London Waste and Recycling Board (LWARB).
The Act sets out our objectives in the following way:
To promote and encourage in Greater London:
- the production of less waste
- an increase in the proportion of waste that is reused or recycled
- the use of methods of collection, treatment and disposal of waste that are more beneficial to the environment
Furthermore, in our work to deliver on these objectives, it is our statutory duty to act in accordance with the London Environment Strategy and the London Plan, with respect to the provisions, guidance and targets within these documents for municipal waste management.
Corporate governance framework
The operation of the Board and its committees is governed by its Standing Orders which incorporate the relevant sections of the GLA Act 1999 (as amended by the GLA Act 2007) and the London Waste and Recycling Board Order 2008.
The current committee structure of the Board (including committee terms of reference), the Scheme of Delegated Authority and the Board’s Risk Management Strategy are also attached below.
Accounts/Annual Governance and Accountability Return
Members of the Board are entitled to reclaim expenses incurred in carrying out their role as Board Members. A summary of expenses claimed is available on request.
Board and Committee Members are required to register any gifts or hospitality received over a value of £50 in relation to their work for ReLondon. The current register is available on request. Please contact Adam Leibowitz firstname.lastname@example.org
Register of members interests
Members of the Board are required to submit a declaration of interests. Full details of the requirement can be seen in appendix SO3 of the Standing Orders.
The Standing Orders and the individual declarations are available on request. Please contact Adam Leibowitz Adam.email@example.com
Notice of conclusion of audit
Annual Governance & Accountability Return for the year ended 31 March 2020
Sections 20(2) and 25 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234). Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020 (SI 2020/404)
- The audit of accounts for LWARB for the year ended 31 March 2020 has been completed and the accounts have been published.
- The Annual Governance & Accountability Return is available for inspection by any local government elector of the area of LWARB on application to:
- Copies will be provided to any person on payment of £1 each copy of the Annual Governance & Accountability Return.
Announcement made by: Adam Leibowitz, Governance & Secretariat Officer
Date of announcement: 30 November 2020
The relevant documents are available to download below.
Annual Governance and Accountability Return
Notice & Summary of Rights