This module, delivered by a circular economy procurement and commissioning specialist, will deepen your understanding of how to apply circular economy principles to these functions to deliver social value, carbon reduction and resource efficient outcomes. You will examine and apply circular economy principles and business models to specific procurement and commissioning activities, projects and processes achieving the greatest impact. You will be able to better connect with local innovative businesses to help drive inclusive economic growth, environmental improvements, and supply chain resilience.
Who is this module for?
Heads of procurement and commissioning, procurement practitioners, and high spend category contract managers.
How will the module benefit me?
- Learn how to embed the circular economy through the procurement and commissioning process.
- Build a business case for positive change.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how to apply the circular economy to contract management, KPI setting, and monitoring and reporting outcomes.
- Examine the benefits of circular procurement, including carbon reduction and social value, and align your efforts with strategic sustainable procurement goals.
What will I be doing in the module?
- Learning about the circular economy business models and why targeting and early engagement with suppliers is important.
- Identifying spend categories and contracts to pilot and scale circular economy business models to help cut waste, improve resource efficiency and social value, and reduce consumption-based carbon emissions.
- Assessing and implementing the circular procurement hierarchy on a live project.
- Starting to develop an action plan to help drive implementation.
- Developing evaluation criteria and learning how to measure performance through good practice examples.
Option 1: In-person workshop tailored for your local authority
Your local authority can book a full day workshop, which is delivered at your offices and tailored to your procurement and commissioning needs. Virtual and hybrid options are also available and we are able to accommodate local authorities with joint procurement arrangements.
Cost: £4,000 (excluding VAT)1
To book, please complete our booking form. We will then contact you to arrange a meeting to tailor the workshop to your needs, set a date and arrange payment.
1 Additional costs to cover room booking and/or travel may apply for non-London local authorities.
Option 2: Cross-local authority in-person workshop
Individuals from any local authority can join a cross-local authority full-day workshop hosted at ReLondon’s office. You’ll have the opportunity to share experiences and collaborate with colleagues from other local authorities. Register your interest and we’ll be in touch with dates of forthcoming sessions.
Cost: £400 per person (excluding VAT)
Meet the trainer
Discover more Academy modules