Closed | Part time, London
MBA Internship – Market Analysis
Posted: 27/05/21 | Deadline: 01/06/21
Note: London-based, but open to flexible work, 6-8 weeks
The world is in a waste crisis. Currently we produce 2 billion tons of solid waste per year.
Unfortunately, 60% of that is controlled landfill and open dumps, of which only 14% is
recycled. The consequences of this have both a major ecological and environmental
impact. We are doing something to address this crisis.
Greyparrot is a UK tech company providing deep learning-based computer vision
software for recycling and waste management. Our camera system and AI software are
deployed in recycling plants and waste facilities to measure material flows and provide
We are also embedding our recognition capabilities with suppliers of next-gen smart bins
and sorting robots to bring the rapidly growing $530 billion waste industry into the 21st
century. Our vision is to create a world where waste is treated as a resource. It is
monitored, captured and reused in the most effective way.
- As we enter a new phase of growth, this project would be an opportunity for
candidates to use their analytical and market research skills to help us better
understand, size, and analyse where the most compelling market opportunities
- Working closely with the leadership team, your insights will guide how we most
effectively deliver impact, both in our commercial strategy, and in our
preparations for a series A fundraise later this year, which you will have the
opportunity to influence.
- An excellent researcher with experience gathering, manipulating and presenting
quantitative and qualitative data.
- Analytical market research experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive and organised, taking initiative to drive work forward but aware of the boundaries of your own knowledge.
- Positive can-do attitude, willing to tackle ambiguous questions.
- Interested or experience in circular economic, waste management or related topics.
- Paid internship
- Flexible and remote working available
- When in the office, unlimited fresh fruit, tea, coffee and healthy snacks provided
- Access to a pre-Series A startup environment
We are 100% committed to building a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability – we want to hear from you.
If this role sounds of interest, please send a CV and answers to the following questions to email@example.com by 31st of May.
- Why is market analysis key to a small business?
- Based on this brief, what initial questions come to mind?
This role will be filled on a rolling basis.
Greyparrot is a UK tech company providing deep learning-based computer vision software for recycling and waste management. Our camera system and AI software are deployed in recycling plants and waste facilities to measure material flows and provide waste analytics.