Closed | Full time, London
Posted: 27/04/21 | Deadline: 27/05/21
About the job
Impact Manager (Care & Superfoods)
London, UK or NY, USA
Who we are
Welcome to PANGAIA, a materials science company on a mission to save our environment. We are a global collective of one heart and many hands — scientists, technologists, designers — creating essential products from innovative tech and bio-engineered materials.
We design products for living in, for any situation and for basic needs. We create our products with smart technology and use as many sustainable & recyclable elements as possible.
We are starting a movement. Designing a better future.
about this role
We are excited to be recruiting a full-time Impact Manager specialising in Beauty and Food as part of our growing Impact team at PANGAIA.
In this role, you will directly contribute towards making a positive impact by driving PANGAIA’s Environmental, Social and Governance strategy for an exciting new range of Beauty and Food products. We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-starting individual excited at the prospect of building from the ground up!
A day in the life:
- Adapt PANGAIA impact strategy to new product range
- Assess and monitor the Environmental and Social governance of the products and their supply chains
- Environmental: GHG emissions, energy and water use, pollution control and chemical compliance, responsible procurement, packaging and waste management
- Social : labour rights, human rights and access to fair wages, Equity and Inclusion
- Participate in the due diligence of strategic partners
- Evaluate ingredient sources, suppliers and value chain partners against PANGAIA social and environmental standards
- Verify and substantiate sustainability claims, working closely with science, R&D, sourcing and communications teams
- You will need to have a background in sustainability and the food and/or beauty sector, and be able to demonstrate your knowledge of the associated supply chains
- A degree in a relevant subject is advantageous
- 5+ years’ experience in a relevant field
- A proven track record of driving a ESG strategy and projects
- You will have a track record of managing projects with changing priority levels and be able to work to tight deadlines.
A materials science company bringing breakthrough innovations and patents into the world through lifestyle products.