Closed | Full time
Factory & Warehouse Operative
Posted: 14/06/21 | Deadline: 14/07/21
From Rype Office:
Your principal duty will be refurbishing high quality used furniture to as-new condition. We have a great team of talented staff who are very good at their jobs who respect and support each other, and you will become part of this supportive team.
The role will be based primarily at Rype Office’s premises at High Wycombe.
Competitive and dependent on experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants variety of work, enjoys working with their hands, is a good team player and is also able to work independently, enjoys problem solving, and, most of all, takes pride in their work. We are looking for an energetic, hand-on person with good attention to detail.
- Remanufacturing office furniture. This could include: Resizing furniture, including drilling, cutting and finishing desk and table frames
- Repairing and renovating pedestals, chairs and cabinets
- Resurfacing table frames and chair legs
- Responsible for working inventory including:
- storing inventory in accordance with our remanufacturing facility methodology
- preparing orders for delivery, including picking, packing and palletising
- Keeping the facility a clean and safe place to work for everyone to enjoy
The role can be labour intensive, particularly when loading and unloading trucks/vans, you will need to be comfortable lifting up to 20 kg repeatedly.
To be chosen for this role, you will be reliable and hardworking, with a flexible can-do attitude. And share our interest in recycling and reducing waste.
The successful candidate will:
- Enjoy doing DIY projects and working with their hands
- Be passionate about producing high quality work
- Focus on the details – attention to detail is vital for our reputation
- Be a practical problem-solver
- Willing to help colleagues in related tasks
- Be well-presented and polite and considerate of others
Required skills and qualifications:
- Experienced using workshop tools
- Willing and able to learn to use specialised tools, equipment and techniques in line with our remanufacturing processes.
Desirable (but not essential):
- Previous experience in furniture repair, manufacturing, building trades or furniture fitting
- Licence to operate a forklift truck or pallet stacker
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Be able to lift items up to 20kg consistently, comfortably
Send your application, comprising a cover note explaining why you are suitable for this role and your
CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that short-listed candidates will be asked to demonstrate competency to perform the role by working with the team for a paid day.