Closed | Full time, London
Communications and Marketing Officer
Posted: 29/03/21 | Deadline: 29/04/21
From Rype Office:
If you are passionate about the environment and want to write about sustainability topics – then this role is for you.
We are a Disruptive Circular Economy Company.
At the heart of our marketing is educating potential clients on the topics of the Circular Economy, Net Zero Carbon, wellness, social value creation and other sustainability subjects.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about sustainability, is an expert on content writing and publishing and enjoys getting involved in other marketing activities.
The core part of this role is writing about sustainability, we’re looking for an expert to improve the quality, reach and regularity of our content marketing to our target markets and audiences, which is B2B and B2B2B. There will also be marketing activities you will be involved in to help grow our brand, increase market awareness of our offerings and generate new business enquiries.
The successful candidate will have a passion for sustainability, loves researching the subject and have sufficient knowledge on the topic to talk and write about the subject with confidence and credibility.
This is a hands on-role; requiring you to do your own research, write, edit and publishing content that suits our target audiences. You will work with our Head of Growth to develop and employ marketing initiatives to educate the market and generate new business leads.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Researching, writing and editing content for publication, tailored for key audiences
- Managing the content for newsletters, blogs, case studies, social media and websites, including the management of when and how this is done. Including:
- Keeping email addresses up-to-date for newsletter mailouts and adding new contacts.
- Coordinating themes and publication dates
- Conducting interviews
- Social media discussions, growing our followers
- Reviewing content performance and recommending content improvements on all platforms and choice of platform to increase traffic to our website. This will include:
- Tracking web traffic analytics to ascertain content engagement levels and learn how users interact with the site and recommend improvements.
- Conducting website audits to identify gaps, redundancies, broken links, underperformance, poor content (written, graphic, video), sub-optimal content layout, missing key messages, and review the usability of the site.
- Recycling and updating evergreen content on our website and blogs.
- If needed, providing editorial, creative and technical support to external parties when relevant, including to our clients, partner companies, PR agencies, and journalists.
- If required, managing outsourced graphic designers, photographers, and videographers to help develop your content.
- Identifying opportunities that will educate the market and generate new business leads cost effectively. This may include events, campaigns and more.
- Updating marketing materials.
- Tracking and measuring effectiveness of marketing activities
Once COVID restrictions are lifted, you will be based at Rype Office’s premises in West London. Some home working is possible.
Competitive and dependent on experience.
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- The successful candidate will be capable of working independently to deliver insightful content across a range of platforms to connect with our target audiences. It is essential the content writer has sufficient knowledge about environmental sustainability to be able to write authoritatively on the topic.
- Proficient at writing newsletters, blogs, case studies and marketing materials
- Able to use a range of digital platforms or channels
- Good communicator with high quality written English and an eye for detail
- Content plan development and management
- Adept at organic SEO and keyword management
- Proficient with multiple content management systems and analytics software including Google Analytics
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, sustainability or a related field
- Eligible to work in the UK
Desirable experience and skills:
- Previous experience working on marketing initiatives from concept through to implementation and ongoing management
- Proficient at using WordPress or willing to learn
- Image editing using Photoshop or similar
- New media editorial experience
- Sourcing, commissioning and sometimes editing videos
- Website coding experience
- Dutch, German and/or French languages
- Graphic design experience
About the company:
To help you gain an understanding of what we write about, a good place to start would be our blog on Net Zero Carbon Buildings https://www.rypeoffice.com/net-zero-carbon-buildings/.
Please send your CV, cover letter and a link to a recent article you have written on sustainability to our recruitment partner Georgettes email: email@example.com.