Closed | Full time, Outside London
Business Development Manager
Posted: 01/02/22 | Deadline: 28/02/22
Who is Adaptavate?
Adaptavate is a team of people that want to make a positive change through their work. We develop solutions that disrupt the material flows in the construction sector to lead the transition to the building materials of the future. We do this by developing, commercialising and selling the next generation of low carbon, bio based, performance building materials for the construction sector.
The company is at a time of rapid growth with investment to support product development and sales. In 2022 we will be building a pilot line for our innovative board product and will be launching 2 new plaster products, of which you will be a key part of. We are looking for someone to join our passionate team who wants to help grow our traction and impact with our current Breathaplasta products.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a forward thinking, high growth scale-up in the construction sector that wants to be the change.
Are you able to raise awareness and sell the sustainable construction products of tomorrow…?
As the Business Development Manager, you will be an ambassador for Adaptavate using your experience and network in the construction industry to build solid relationships with other organisations to generate and close sales leads. Your focus will be on growing sales of our internal plaster finish, Breathaplasta, with the launch of 2 new companion plaster products this year.
Working closely with the Managing Director and the Breathaplasta Product Manager, you will create opportunities with honesty and integrity whilst using your experience to help grow our business to have a larger impact. We have a clear and well communicated growth strategy that we would like you to be a part of strengthening and delivering. We want you to continue to nurture existing relationships with national retailers such as SIG and Travis Perkins and to build on the strong organic sales of Breathaplasta generated to date.
This will rely on providing clear, substantiated communication to a variety of external stakeholders and the Adaptavate team. Along with the Managing Director, you will be the primary outward facing voice in the industry to a growing customer base that is increasingly searching for solutions like ours; solutions that are low carbon, bio based and high performance.
The successful team member will have examples where they have been able to understand customers’ needs and match a solution to their requirements using clear, technically founded communication. The customer journey with our products can range from a single phone call to many months to years depending on the client. You will the need the patience and perseverance to adapt to these varying needs and timeframes.
You will receive responsibility at an early stage and be supported to thrive in this exciting role as this impact led business grows. We look forward to you joining our team where we have a unique chance to be part of the change, together.
Who are you?
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in B2B sales or business development in the construction sector (or related industry) and want to challenge yourself to help a company grow and develop.
- You share our team’s passion and desire to make a positive ecological impact through our work. You don’t mind a challenge!
- You have proven experience of prospecting and generating new sales leads and nurturing potential clients through the customer journey.
- You are a personable, clear and creative communicator that understands the importance of listening to customers’ needs before offering solutions.
- You are comfortable providing technically founded answers to questions whilst highlighting how this relates to the customer.
- You have excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key accounts.
- You understand the power of metrics and applied understanding in technical based sales and relationship building.
- You are self-motivated with a clear drive to achieve targets and exceed expectations when working independently or as part of our fun and friendly team. You are happy to accept that our product offering is not for every customer and that this is an opportunity to learn and improve our solutions.
The qualifications and experience we are looking for.
- Proven track record in sales and/or B2B Business Development in the construction sector where sales cycles can be from hours to months and is technically focused.
- Understanding of construction products and their technical offerings.
- Competency on Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word, or Google equivalents
- A strong commercial awareness and ideas on how to help grow our business.
- Able to inform and help shape our marketing strategy and communications in line with sales strategy.
- Confident and experienced at presentations and sales pitching.
- Good organisational and effective time management skills.
- Experience of sales and marketing CRM systems.
- Driving License preferably with own car – able to travel (occasionally overnight)
The impact of our business is realised by the cohesion and growth of our team members. We aim to create a supportive working environment that enables you to thrive. Collectively, we are the change.
|Duration||Permanent||Time||Flexi (Core 10am – 4pm)|
|Location||Stonehouse, Gloucestershire.||Annual Leave||22 days’ + bank holidays|
|Benefits||Company events and training, pension, generous fuel allowance, work from home & flexible hours.||Salary||£35-40k dependant on experience. Full package to be discussed based on personal circumstances and location.|