Emergency Grants (Closed)
Thanks to the Green New Deal funding from the Mayor of London, the ReLondon's Business Transformation and Better Futures+ business support programmes are offering emergency grant funding for London-based, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), that have been negatively impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic and have registered with either of the two programmes prior to February 2021.
These grants are designed to provide immediate relief to circular and cleantech businesses with the aim of maintaining London's diverse ecosystem of low carbon, circular businesses and promote a green recovery post-Covid-19.
The Green New Deal is the Mayor's £10 million investment in green projects that will support around 1,000 green jobs to boost London’s economic recovery and tackle the twin dangers of air pollution and the climate emergency. For more information you can read the Mayor's press release here
Aims of the Emergency Grant Fund
Contribute to the survival of circular and cleantech businesses that will play a role in London's transition to a low carbon, circular economy.
Safeguard existing circular and cleantech jobs and increase the likelihood of more being created
Ensure the positive environmental impact of funded businesses is able to continue after the pandemic as part of the green recovery.
Who can apply?
This funding call is open to circular and cleantech SMEs registered with either the ReLondon Business Transformation or Better Futures Business Support Programmes that can demonstrate that their business was functioning successfully before being negatively impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
We especially encourage applications from SMEs within those networks who have been particularly affected by Covid-19:
- SMEs that are highly dependent on the hospitality, retail or entertainment sectors
- SMEs led by individuals from under-represented demographics such as female or Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups
- SMEs based in areas of London that have been the hardest hit by the pandemic
Financial Assistance available
Grants of between £5,000-£10,000 are available for SMEs that:
- Are registered with the ReLondon Business Transformation and Better Futures programmes
- Can demonstrate good health or, in the case of pre-revenue businesses, good potential for success, prior to the start of the pandemic (March 2020)
- Can demonstrate having being negatively impacted by Covid-19
w/c 19 Apr