Closed | Full time
Sustainable Solutions Advisor
Posted: 09/06/21 | Deadline: 09/07/21
From Rype Office:
We are disrupting the office furniture industry by creating stylish offices at 80% less environmental impact and half the cost of furniture and materials made from virgin resources. We manage the end-to-end process across the value chain from design to remanufacturing to installation.
Our achievements to date:
- 200 projects completed
- Revenue doubling every year (including 2020)
- 1,000,000 kgCO2e avoided
- 9 awards
- 7,000 hours of paid work for long-term unemployed with disabilities
We need an Sustainable Solutions Advisor who can build relationships with those individuals within our target companies and partners who share our passion for a better future.
About the Company:
With a structurally lower cost base, vertical integration and a purpose-driven approach, Rype Office is a leader in the Circular Economy and is rapidly disrupting the office furniture and fitout markets. Our ambition is to become a global furniture company.
We have a talented design team creating wonderful offices which incorporate our remanufactured office furniture. We don’t sell our products in the traditional way; instead we educate customers about the benefits of a more sustainable approach.
For more information about Rype Office please visit our website: www.rypeoffice.com
We are after a full time Sustainable Solutions Advisor who can build and maintain relationships with target companies and partner organisations who can help spread the message about our offering. We know who the target organisations are and the messages that will be effective with them, we want you to reach out to them and build lasting relationships.
Every day you will be helping the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. You will learn about the Circular Economy in detail and how to successfully sell sustainable products. Our rapid growth means that there should be career development and promotion opportunities for high performing staff.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Purpose-driven, with a desire to make an impact environmentally.
- Well organised, able to lead multiple initiatives in parallel while using a structured approach to delivering on every promise.
- Well-spoken with good written English.
- Comfortable reaching out to fresh potential partner organisations and building lasting relationships. To do this you will be the sort of person whose energy increases from interacting with others.
We have an office in West London however we expect that you will be spending most of the week meeting with potential clients and partners at their offices post-COVID.
Competitive and dependent on experience.
Your key responsibility will be to build and maintain relationships.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Representing the business as an advocate for sustainability
- Educating potential clients and partners on the cost, environmental and social benefits of the Circular Economy – which aligns very well with our offering. This includes in one-to-one meetings as well as seminars and other methods of capturing large receptive audiences
- Identifying and procuring new business with targeted prospects, sectors and partners
- Responding to client briefing and writing proposals with pricing
- Managing the introduction of appropriate team members to prospective clients once a project is identified
- Ongoing account and relationship management identifying new leads and marketing opportunities
- Broadening the number of advocates within target partners/companies
- Suggesting new ways to find advocates within target organisations
- Keeping records of client interactions and useful client information
- Staying abreast of news about your target clients and partners
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- A background in or studied sustainability
- Passionate about creating a better future for the environment and society
- Effective communication (oral, written and presentation) skills
- Sound commercial judgement
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Able to empathise with potential clients and suggest marketing activities and content that will appeal to them
- Good teamwork skills
- An eye for detail
- Eligible to work in the UK
Desirable (but not essential):
- Experience in the architect and design or fit-out sectors
- UK driving licence
- Fluency in Dutch or German
Send your application, comprising a cover note explaining why you are suitable for this role and your
CV, to Georgette at email@example.com.