Closed | Full time, London
Posted: 25/03/21 | Deadline: 12/04/21
Oddbox are a purpose-led business with a mission to tackle food waste and recently certified as a B Corp. We have just set our first impact strategy, which includes educating people on the impact of food waste on the environment and aims to better understand and reduce our carbon footprint. We are looking to develop our ‘Net Zero by 2030’ action plan, improve the way we measure impact and how we track and analyse and share food waste data from our suppliers.
To support our Impact team, we are looking for a sustainability intern to join us over the summer to support on these exciting projects. We are looking for an individual who is highly motivated, organised, has good communication skills and a keen attention to detail.
The role will be based in our Vauxhall office, with the ability to work flexibly from home. The start date is flexible depending on the successful candidate and will run for 8-10 weeks. There is an opportunity for the internship to turn into a full time position.
- Support on developing our action plan to achieve Net Zero by 2030
- Undertake research on tech solutions to monitor and manage our carbon footprint, provide recommendations for the best suited solution and manage the implementation of moving to a tech solution
- Support on implementing improvements to our impact methodology and how we communicate impact to our customers
- Improve the way we track and analyse data on food waste reasons and destinations and provide content for communications
- Support on internal sustainability engagement activities
- Support the Sustainability Manager and other teams on ad hoc projects
What we’re looking for
- Educational background or experience in sustainability and ideally, an understanding of carbon accounting.
- A passion for the sector and our mission to end food waste.
- Driven, with a track record of ‘getting things done’ and an ability to manage numerous projects.
- Analytical, with strong attention to detail.
- Well organised, with the ability to prioritise workload and manage stakeholders effectively.
- Strong communication skills.
- Confident at working alone and a willingness to adopt remote communications and strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible, with the ability to adapt to the changing priorities, schedules and needs of the business.
What you’ll get:
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a sustainable challenger brand at a time where we are scaling rapidly, helping reduce food waste one carrot at a time.
- Employee perks via Perkbox & CharlieHR
- Free fresh fruits, breakfast cereals and snacks in the office
- Team drinks/dinner and team building events
- Discount on Oddbox fruit and veggies.
- Flexible working hours
- Pro-rated holiday (33 day allowance per year incl. Bank Holidays)
- Salary – equivalent to £22k per year (pro-rated)
- Duration of role – 8-10 week internship
- Start date – between June and July (flexible depending on the applicant)
- Schedule – Mon – Fri 9-6
- Location – Vauxhall + Remote
This is a once in a lifetime, super exciting opportunity to work in a purpose-led organisation. We want to prove that sustainability can be affordable and we can grow fast and do-good at the same time. If you want to join us – Apply for this internship through our Website at oddbox.co.uk/jobs or drop us an email at email@example.com and let’s start the conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.
Oddbox are the provider of London’s only impact focused misshapen and surplus fruit & veg boxes. We don’t just provide fruit & veg, we help people take their first step toward shopping more sustainably and have a real, positive impact on the planet by rescuing produce from going to waste. We are also a proud B Corp.