Open | Full time, London
Supply Chain Associate
Posted: 15/07/22 | Deadline: 15/08/22
We’re on the hunt for a highly motivated and process-driven individual who loves to problem-solve, to ensure the smooth day to day running of our business. As an early-stage employee you will play a critical role in helping to establish strong operational foundations to support us as we scale; from nurturing relationships with all key suppliers to ensuring we are producing to the highest quality and delivering in a timely and efficient manner. You will be working directly with our founder in a fast-paced environment to establish revolutionary new supply chains, upcycling byproducts across the industry, and the UK.
In taking on this role at such an exciting and pivotal time for nibs etc., you will have the opportunity to shape the role as you and the business grow, implementing your own ideas all while making an active dent in reducing the millions of tons of food – and therefore Greenhouse Gas Emissions – that gets wasted every year.
- You will assist in overseeing the smooth running of our supply chain from end to end and quick to
solve any problems that arise.
- You will manage inventory between our different sites, from our 3PL to Borough Market.
- You will process incoming B2B and sample orders and ensure excellent customer service.
- You will oversee supply chain finances from COGS to logistics and invoicing.
- You will build strong relationships with all of our supply chain stakeholders.
- You will analyse our data to ensure we are constantly striving to improve profitability and meet
- You will be in charge of managing our quality and food safety compliance, from sourcing policies, to
risk assessments, HACCPs and quality assurance systems.
- You will work closely with the team to coordinate timely production and delivery to our
- You will support the team with demand forecasting and key launches.
- You will use your knowledge of the circular economy to find innovative solutions to eliminate waste
and meet our circular supply chain goals.
- You will seek out new opportunities to build out our supply chain infrastructure that will support the business as we scale our food waste fighting mission.
- You are a self-motivated individual with a can-do attitude who thrives in a fast-paced, startup
- You are a natural problem solver and work well under pressure.
- You have minimum 1 year operations/supply chain experience (within FMCG/Food and Beverage or a high-growth startup a bonus, but stong interest essential).
- You are passionate about fighting food waste and the circular economy.
- You have an analytical, results-driven approach, are comfortable handling data and proficient in Excel.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and consider yourself a team player.
- You are organised and manage your time effectively.
- You have an eye for detail while also able to set up systems for long term success.
- You are hungry to learn, get stuck in and develop your own skills.
Start date: Immediate.
Location: London, with occasional travel for supplier visits.
Benefits: 25 days holiday exc. bank holidays, a brilliant community of diverse food professionals and
businesses, monthly free breakfasts and lunches, unlimited hot drinks and weekly drinks.
Flexi-work: mins. 3 days in the office, remote working available upon agreement.
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Any successful applications will be invited to a follow up interview. About the selection process:
1. Written application including CV and cover letter explaining why you are a fit for the role.
2. Follow up 30 minute phone interview.
3. 1 hour in-person interview in Central London.
4. Task according to the role and requirements.
5. Presentation of the task in the form of a virtual meeting.
6. Final 30 minute interview with a company partner/advisor
Passion-driven: we live, breathe, talk, sleep, dream food, and we are emotional about food waste. Celebrate side streams: from our ingredients to our ideas, we believe offcuts, odds and ends, all deserve to be celebrated, respected and heard. We’re mainstream-ing side streams.
Innovate etc.: we are literally creating new supply chains that have never before existed. We thrive off of doing things differently, thinking outside the box, creating treasure from – seemingly – trash.
Integrity: we want to eliminate ‘waste’ from the dictionary. We are doing the best we can with the information we have. When we have better information, we can and will do better.
nibs etc. makes delicious and nourishing upcycled snacks with high fibre industry by-product ingredients that would normally be thrown away, to fight food waste. We are empowering our customers with the tools with which to live by their values, and designing ‘waste’ out of our habits, our language, our systems.
nibs etc. was founded in 2018 by Chloë Stewart with the mission to fight food waste and celebrate
misunderstood ingredients. A couple of years, over 2 tonnes of upcycled juice pulp and a pandemic-pivot later, we’re an award-winning, category-creating, revolutionary upcycled snack brand. We are the first company in the UK - and among the first globally - upcycling byproducts into snacks. And we’re on track for our most exciting year of growth yet. If this gets you all kinds of excited, we want you.