Closed | Full time, Outside London
Site Supervisor (Office Furniture Fitouts)
Posted: 06/07/22 | Deadline: 30/07/22
Our mission is to reduce the carbon emissions and cost of office furniture.
We do this by remanufacturing high quality furniture to as-new condition and creating furniture ranges from waste materials. Furniture is the biggest source of carbon emissions in a commercial building – we reduce this by 80% while saving money for clients and creating jobs for local long-term unemployed with disabilities. Our 300+ projects prove that every office can be beautiful, sustainable and cost less.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants variety of work, enjoys creating beautiful offices, has a passion for creating a better world, is a good team player, can work independently, enjoys problem solving, and, most of all, takes pride in their work. Rype Office’s projects range in size from one-day furniture installations to multi-month fitout projects. As the business grows there will be opportunity for the candidate to grow and expand their skill set, creating further career opportunities.
We are looking for an energetic, hands-on person with good attention to detail.
Your principal duty will be supervising project delivery on site. You will be working with Rype’s own team of fitters as well as external fitting partners when needed, ensuring that projects are built to plan, safe, on time and on budget. And most importantly when the project is completed leaving a very happy client with a beautiful, fully functioning office space.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Liaising with designers, clients, subcontractors and the remanufacturing team
- Arranging site access with the client, including conducting pre-project visits to check access and preparing Risk and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Receiving goods on-site and quality checking what is delivered
- Overseeing subcontractors and supervising the Rype installation team, ensuring that key milestones are met
- Hands-on assistance with furniture installation when required
- Identifying and raising attention to potential future problems, including suggesting solutions
- Preparing site progress reports
- Day-to-day problem solving and dealing with any issues that arise
- On-site First Aid (training can be provided on this)
- Constantly reinforcing a Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident-free site
- Suggesting improvements to our processes, consistent with our commitment to continuous improvement
- Experience delivering furniture installation projects on client sites
- General handyperson skills or qualifications in a relevant trade
- Experience supervising teams
- Experience working with tools, to train others if needed (such as apprentices)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Effective communication (both oral and written) skills with demonstrated ability to present ideas
- Able to work varied hours, which may include occasional work out-of-hours, weekends or away for the working week on a client site
- Full clean UK Driving License
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Self-motivated and well-organised.
- Caring and respectful of the environment.
- Representing the company at client sites, therefore a high standard of customer service and professional communication is expected.
- Focused on quality & have an eye for detail.
- Strong problem solver.
- Able to work calmly under pressure.
Desirable skills, experience and qualifications (but not essential):
- First Aid training
Competitive and dependent on experience.
Send your application, comprising a CV and a cover letter sharing with us your experience and why you are the best candidate for this role to Edna at email@example.com.
You will spend most days on client sites across England, Wales and occasionally Scotland. When not on-site, you will be based at Rype Office’s premises in Notting Dale, near Shepherds Bush or High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.