Closed | Full time, Outside London
Senior Interior Designer (Sustainable office and furniture company)
Posted: 24/10/22 | Deadline: 15/11/22
Our ambition is to become a successful global office furniture and office design company though our circular economy business model that is creating positive impact on the world.
With a structurally lower cost base, vertical integration and purpose-driven approach, Rype Office is a leader in the Circular Economy and is rapidly disrupting the office furniture market.
We design beautiful award-winning offices which incorporate remanufactured office furniture, reclaimed flooring, plants that clean toxins from the air, biophilia and a range of other sustainable features.
We are looking for a Designer who is capable of successfully leading office fitout designs from concept to completion. The successful candidate will be responsible for client relationship management, design development, production of visuals, design documentation, pricing, and ensuring that the Project Manager and delivery team achieve your design intentions.
This is an important role, as you will be representing the company working with customers, suppliers and contractors. You will be comfortable working on multiple projects at the same time.
The successful Designer will be experienced in workplace / interior design and have a strong working technical knowledge of AutoCAD and SketchUp. This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious, growing company.
• Overseeing the design and installation of each project from concept to completion, working with our passionate Procurement, Remanufacturing and Installation teams
• Working with the client, contractor and client’s design teams
• Undertaking space planning, technical drawings and furniture / material selection
• Undertaking test-fit exercises to produce efficient general arrangements plans
• Undertaking furniture audits and surveys
• Producing detailed 2D and 3D design drawings and concept sketches on Sketchup
• Producing FF&E schedules and detailed pricing
• Producing detailed schedule of specifications to clearly outline and communicate the proposed products to client and production team
• Understanding furniture components to produce detailed technical and shop drawings and support the production of the design
• A high level of technical skills with attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative to solve technical problems, specifying fixing and manufacturing techniques
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Producing high-quality project-winning bid design proposals and presentations
• Managing the client relationship including:
• Initial meetings with prospective clients
• Presenting design proposals and graciously incorporating client feedback
• Working collaboratively with clients to design their offices and articulate the designs in drawings and concept boards
• Selecting colours and fabrics
• Contributing to and maintaining our CAD and Sketch up 2D and 3D library
• Ensuring that the installation meets your design intentions
• Contributing to setting the internal design standards and guidelines, ensuring they are implemented by the team
• Streamlining processes and procedures to increase quality and efficiency
• Monitoring the project team’s output, reporting back to Senior Management in a constructive manner, highlighting successes and failures
• Contributing to the development, communication and promotion of company purpose, vision, mission and values
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
• A Degree or Masters in Interior Design, Architecture, or similar
• A minimum of 5 to 6 years post-graduate experience, with at least 4 years in commercial office sector
• Good project leadership skills, including the ability to mentor more junior members of the team
• Proficient in SketchUp, Adobe photoshop and MS office especially PowerPoint and Excel
• A portfolio
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Well organised, able to work on multiple projects in parallel while using a structured approach to deliver on every promise
• Practical and creative, and understands how furniture, flooring, walls, colours and fabrics interact to bring a vision to fruition
• Hard-working ethic, showing initiative and responsibility
• Flexibility to work on occasional weekends and public holidays as required to meet commercial and client needs
• A current UK driving license and willingness to travel (site visits, meetings etc)
Desirable skills, experience and qualifications:
• Proficiency in AutoCAD
• Previous experience in the furniture industry
• Previous experience in preparing technical furniture drawings
The successful candidate will be:
• Passionate about creating a more sustainable world
• Outgoing and comfortable educating new potential clients about our sustainable offering; noting that we do not sell what we do – instead we educate clients, and they choose us due to our strong value proposition
• Comfortable developing fabrication drawings
• Confident communicator, comfortable interacting with clients and explaining the logic behind a design
• Confident to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
• At ease working with clients from different sectors such as government, commercial and not-for-profit
Competitive and dependent on experience.
You will be based at Rype Office’s premises in west London or High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
Send your application, comprising a CV, portfolio of professional work to demonstrate your skills and a cover letter sharing with us your experience and why you are the best candidate for this role to Edna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants variety of work, enjoys creating beautiful offices, has a passion for creating a better world, is a good team player, can work independently, enjoys problem solving, and, most of all, takes pride in their work.
We are a sustainable design and furnish company disrupting the office furniture industry by creating wonderful offices at 80% less environmental impact and half the cost of furnishings made from virgin resources.
We are looking for a Senior Interior Designer, who shares our passion for creating beautiful, sustainable and affordable offices. You may be an Interior Designer, Interior Architect, Architect or have a similar background with the ability to take a project from first client meeting through to completion.