Closed | Full time, Outside London
Project Manager (Office Furniture Fit-outs)
Posted: 31/08/22 | Deadline: 15/11/22
Rype Office is a rapidly growing and award-winning office furniture remanufacturer servicing all of Britain. We are seeking a full-time Project Manager to deliver client projects.
You will be working with a great team of talented staff who are very good at their jobs who respect and support each other; you will be a part of this supportive system.
Rype Office’s projects range in size from one-day furniture installations to multi-month fitout projects.
As the business grows there will be opportunity for the candidate to grow and expand their skill set, creating further career opportunities.
We are looking for a hard-working person with good attention to detail.
Your principal duty will be delivering projects from award to the completion of snagging.
You will be overseeing Rype’s own team of fitters as well as external fitting partners when needed, ensuring that projects are built to plan, safe, on time and on budget. And most importantly when the project is completed leaving a very happy client with a beautiful, fully functioning office space.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Liaising with designers, clients, subcontractors, our remanufacturing team, client project managers and other trades on site
• Arranging site access with the client, including conducting pre-project visits to check access and preparing Risk and Method Statements (RAMS)
• Delivery and installation work planning, including identifying and prioritising critical path actions
• Arranging labour, deliveries, sub-contractors, PPE, tools and equipment for site
• Checking progress of orders with manufacturers and our own remanufacturing facility
• Receiving goods on-site and quality checking what is delivered
• Checking the quality of on-site assembly of our furniture
• Overseeing subcontractors and supervising the Rype installation team, ensuring that key milestones are met
• Identifying and raising attention to potential future problems, including suggesting solutions
• Progress and budget tracking; preparing site progress reports
• Attending site meetings
• Day-to-day problem solving and dealing with any issues that arise
• On-site First Aid (training can be provided on this)
• Constantly reinforcing a Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident-free site
• Suggesting improvements to our processes, consistent with our commitment to continuous improvement
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
• PRINCE2 or similar project management qualifications
• At least 4 years of project management experience
• General handyperson skills
• Experience working with tools, to train others if needed
• Experience in supervising teams
• Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Effective communication (both oral and written) skills with demonstrated ability to present ideas
• Able to work varied hours, which may include occasional work out-of-hours, weekends or away for the working week on a client site
• Full clean UK Driving License
• Eligible to work in the UK
Desirable skills, experience and qualifications (but not essential):
• Experience delivering furniture installation projects on client sites
• First Aid training
The successful candidate will be:
• Self-motivated and well-organised.
• Caring and respectful of the environment.
• Representing the company at client sites, therefore a high standard of customer service and professional communication is expected.
• Focused on quality & have an eye for detail.
• Strong problem solver
• Able to work calmly under pressure
Competitive and dependent on experience.
You will spend most days on client sites across England, Wales and occasionally Scotland. When not on site, you will be based at Rype Office’s premises in west London or High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
Send your application, comprising a CV and a cover letter sharing with us your experience and why you are the best candidate for this role to Edna at firstname.lastname@example.org.