Open | Full time, London
Posted: 06/04/21 | Deadline: 06/05/21
We are expanding the Circla team and are looking for a passionate and creative candidate to manage and implement our marketing strategy.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in, or just started their career in social media or marketing and wants to gain experience working in a start-up and work for a truly purpose-driven and sustainable company.
You will be working directly with the founder and a small team of freelancers / external agencies.
- Champion communication and marketing campaign strategy across the business
- Work with the founder to set the overall content and strategy across each communication channel including but not limited to social media and email marketing
- Support with creating content for social media channels using our social and creative guidelines and templates
- Research and create engaging monthly blog posts to be shared in the newsletter and on the website
- Manage and develop existing email communication to customers including monthly newsletters and email communications including transactional and sales emails
- Create and implement a monthly email marketing campaign schedule
- Assist when required with new product and video shoots, including writing creative briefs and contributing to storyboards and mood boards and any other logistical requirements
- Explore influencer marketing and execute our approach. This will include looking at which influencers to engage with analysing their engagement rates and competitor analysis
- Explore partnership and collaborations opportunities within direct to consumer and sustainability sectors to grow brand presence
- Explore customer advocacy programmes (for example VIP group on facebook)
- Be aware of the social and email performance and competitors to identify trends and optimise performance.
Who you are:
- Passionate about Circla’s mission to eliminate unnecessary single-use packaging
- You need to be a self-starter, you may not have the experience to do everything above but you must have a willingness to learn
- Be positive, full of energy with a change the world mindset
- Enjoy creatively solving problems and know how to reach out to find the answers
- English is your first language and you’re not going to let a typo slip past you. You must have superior grammar, spelling and copywriting and storytelling skills
- Experience within a similar role in marketing and working for wellness, personal care or beauty brand is a bonus or a direct to consumer brand
- The ability to use Adobe suites such as photoshop or illustrator is a bonus or a willingness to learn
- Based in London and travel to studio based in SW6
Who we are:
The packaging waste crisis is one of the most defining environmental issues of our time, in particular, the widespread usage of single-use packaging containers. These modern conveniences are so ubiquitous – and so quickly thrown out – that they hardly register in our minds but they come with a steep environmental price on our oceans, wildlife and our health.
Luxury brands and conglomerates are making passionate pledges to reinvent the wheel with sustainable options from post-consumer recycled bottles, tubes designed for ‘circular recycling’ to even making zero waste commitments. But the ugly truth is that even with these efforts, 1.2 billion units of packaging are being made and thrown away each year. Only 1% is reused. Research shows that 70% of waste still goes to landfill: largely unknown to the consumer is that your good intentions in sending empty bottles to recycling doesn’t guarantee they end up repurposed. We are consuming too much for a strained system to process. So what could prevent our empty essentials from being thrown out altogether? What really creates a circular system? Refill. And who is here to make that change: Circla.
Show me the deal:
Salary: £25,000 – 32,000
Start Date: ASAP
Days / Week: 5 days per week
Type of work: in studio with agreed days per week remote
Probationary Period: 3 month
Circla deliver products from eco friendly independent brands to your doorstep in reusable packaging we collect when you reorder. Vegan. Made in the UK. Cruelty Free. Plastic Free. Refillable.