Closed | Full time, London
Key Account Lead – Grocery Retail
Posted: 01/02/22 | Deadline: 20/03/22
From Too Good To Go
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because more than 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, in fact, 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 49.8 million users in 17 countries saving more than 109 million meals from going to waste – that’s more than 272.5 tonnes of CO2e saved! But there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Key Account Lead to join us in our London office and lead our Key Accounts Grocery team.
Leading a team of motivated, highly-skilled business developers and account managers, you will play a pivotal role in the growth of Too Good To Go – and in the fight against food waste – by using your Grocery sector knowledge, and business development and leadership skills, to acquire and grow partnerships with the UK’s largest and most prominent supermarkets and retailers.
Your primary responsibility is to build and lead a high-performing team that identify and research new opportunities, build rapport with key stakeholders, create solutions to commercial challenges, and ultimately sign their business up to a partnership with Too Good to Go. Your team will own the ongoing management of these accounts, through the onboarding and roll out processes, and you will be responsible for strengthening, growing and retaining those relationships.
Reporting to the Head of Key Accounts, you will manage a Grocery team of 10 Business Development Managers and Key Account Managers, and collaborate with team members across other Key Accounts segment teams and Key Partner Management, as well as other colleagues in Marketing, Independent Sales, and Success.
- Team & sector leadership: full management of the Grocery sector pipeline & forecasts and line management of Business Development Managers & Key Account Managers in the Grocery team. You will set their goals and objectives, be responsible for their development, give effective feedback and are accountable for their overall performance.
- Proactive business development and relationship building: independently and proactively outreach to gain meetings and build rapport with stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Research: independently search for new opportunities, learn about the businesses in depth, map the stakeholders and understand their decision-making process.
- Pitching: create and deliver high quality, professional presentations to potential partners, and confidently speak about the business and food waste proposition.
- Account Management & Growth: oversee the Grocery team’s portfolio of key chains, ensuring the partnerships are strong, we have meaningful relationships with numerous stakeholders in their businesses, and delivering strategies to grow the accounts. The focus should be on maximising our store coverage and overall supply, and guiding them on a zero waste approach.
- Planning and forecasting: building reports to track performance and identify trends, and creating financial projections and forecasts for internal planning and commercial proposals.
- Contributing to the UK Key Account strategy and supporting international collaboration across global key chain opportunities.
- Supporting roll outs: working with the retailers and our Key Account & Key Partner Manager teams to plan, schedule and execute store rollouts at scale.
- Excellent commercial experience working in or with prominent brands in the Grocery sector. The candidate should have in depth knowledge and understanding of UK supermarkets and other retailers.
- Strong Sales/Business Development experience, demonstrating an ability to establish, nurture and win leads by selling in a proposition to a variety of senior stakeholders that anticipates and accommodates each account’s specific needs, while not deviating from Too Good To Go’s core values and product.
- Excellent commercial acumen and strategic thinking, with a track record of unlocking opportunity, overcoming commercial and operational challenges, and delivering value and growth.
- Ability to lead difficult negotiations skilfully, and create and deliver high impact pitches.
- You’re a master communicator, you know when to speak, you know how to listen, and you know how to engage a whole room and keep their attention
- Strong team leadership and people management experience, demonstrating an ability to motivate, drive performance, and create individual and team objectives in order to achieve commercial goals.
- A passion for the mission and raising awareness of food waste & sustainability
- Beneficial: Data Analysis and MS Excel skills to use raw data to create performance reports and projections to identify and understand trends, opportunities and issues.
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 1,400 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary and performance-related bonuses
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to UK Bank Holidays
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off as well
- Private business health insurance, with numerous perks and well-being benefits
- A vibrant office in the heart of Shoreditch
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
Too Good To Go
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it.