Closed | Full time, London
Inbound Sales Specialist – London
Posted: 01/02/22 | Deadline: 13/02/22
From Too Good To Go:
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because more than 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 50 million users in 17 countries saving more than 111 million meals from going to waste – that’s more than 277,500 tonnes of CO2e saved! But there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Inbound Sales Specialist to join us in our London office.
As an Inbound Sales Specialist your priority will be to efficiently respond to inbound leads, identifying decision-makers, and convert their interest in Too Good To Go to an active partnership. You will introduce potential partners to our app and movement, train them how to use our systems, and advise them on finding the best possible solution for food waste.
Successfully convert inbound leads into new saving stores on the Too Good To Go app.
Minimise store churn and optimise supply by employing successful aftercare
Manage Salesforce responsibilities and ensure good sales administration
Manage time effectively in order to ensure all sales and other “input” targets are met.
Contribute to wider team culture through engaging in various team activities
Become a “master” on qualifying inbound leads and winning inbound opportunities and help upskill other team members who may be working outbounds and inbounds.
Work closely with the outbound sales team to ensure all leads are followed up with and closed in a timely manner.
Help with the training and onboarding of new inbound sales specialists, ensuring everyone is performing to a high standard.
Work closely with the Partner Management team and other colleagues to improve ways of working and team efficiencies.
Collaborate with the Marketing team, providing feedback to help improve their lead generation activities
- Sales experience, specifically closing leads on the phone
- A genuine passion for our mission
- Resilience and the ability to persevere when people say no
- High work ethic, with the motivation to achieve high call volumes
- Time management and ability to prioritise.
- Ability and motivation to perform repetitive tasks
- First class communication skills – from presenting ideas to persuading and negotiation
- Excellent listeners who can understand a client’s needs and can present our proposition with clarity and passion
- Driven not only by individual performance but also by the desire to see your team succeed
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 1,400 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary with opportunity for performance-related bonuses
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to UK Bank Holidays
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off as well
- Private business health insurance, with numerous perks and well-being benefits
- A vibrant office in the heart of Shoreditch
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
A Movement for EveryoneWe want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Too Good To Go
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it.