Closed | Full time, Outside London
Driver-Fitter (Office Furniture)
Posted: 06/07/22 | Deadline: 15/11/22
Rype Office is a rapidly growing and award-winning office furniture remanufacturer servicing all of Britain. We are seeking a full-time Fitter with driving and porter experience.
You will be working with a great team of talented staff who are very good at their jobs who respect and support each other; you will be a part of this supportive system.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants a variety of work, enjoys creating beautiful offices, has a passion for creating a better world, is a good team player, can work independently, enjoys problem solving, and, most of all, takes pride in their work.
Rype’s projects range in size from one-day furniture installations to multi-month fitout projects.
As the business grows there will be opportunity to further advance your skills and future career opportunities.
We are looking for an energetic, hands-on person with good attention to detail.
Working as part of a team or on your own you will be responsible for the installation of office furniture on clients’ sites, as well as delivery and collection of furniture and on occasion porterage. On larger projects you will be working with our team of fitters and with our external fitting partners when needed, ensuring that projects are built safely, economically and within the agreed timescales, whilst delivering quality.
When driving for Rype Office you will use one of our low mileage Luton vans which have cruise control, rear-view cameras, driver armrests and tail lifts. On occasion we may need to hire a van and we will endeavour to hire a vehicle with a similar setup. We palletise as much as possible and use pump trucks to move pallets and pallet boxes.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Performing and delivering office fitout installations on time and on budget, depending on the size of the project you may work on your own or with a team of fitters
• Liaising and reporting to the Site Supervisor or Project Manager who will be responsible for the overall installation on client sites
• Collecting and delivering furniture to and from various sites and warehouses
• Loading and offloading the van and ensuring the load is safely secured
• Keeping the company’s fleet presentable and in good working order, including servicing, MOT’s, general repairs, fuelling and cleaning
• Eligible to work in the UK
• Full clean UK Driving License showing permit to drive a manual vehicle, up-to-date medical information
• Over 25 years of age with no traffic incidents in the last 3 years and no traffic accidents in the last 5 years (essential for vehicle insurance purposes)
• 2 or more continuous years of driving a loaded manual van
• Able to work varied hours, which may include occasional work out-of-hours, weekends, or away for the working week on a client site
• This is a physical role so you must be capable of lifting objects repeatedly during the loading and unloading process
• Medical proof from an approved medical practitioner confirming you have a minimum visual acuity of 20/50 (or corrected to 20/50). Proof to be presented upon request
• Self-motivated and well-organised
• Caring and respectful of the environment
• Good customer service skills with a polite and professional disposition
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• A patient, responsible and careful driver, being respectful of road users
• Demonstrable experience using hand and power tools
• Demonstrable knowledge of safely packing a van and securing a load
• Competent in using navigation apps to find the most optimal routes
Desirable Experience (but not essential):
• Previous experience in installing office furniture
• HGV driving licence and experience
• Pallet Truck training
• Experience and, ideally, trained in a related trade (e.g. carpentry, furniture manufacturing, kitchen fitting)
Competitive and dependent on experience.
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. However, the role will require you to drive and work at locations where our clients and suppliers are based, which can be anywhere in England, Wales and occasionally Scotland.
Send your application, comprising a CV and a cover letter sharing with us your experience and why you are the best candidate for this role to Edna at email@example.com.
Please note that short-listed candidates will be asked to demonstrate competency to perform the role by working with the team for a paid day.
We look forward to hearing from you.