Closed | Full time, Outside London
Driver-Fitter (Office Furniture)
Posted: 06/07/22 | Deadline: 30/07/22
Our mission is to reduce the carbon emissions and cost of office furniture.
We do this by remanufacturing high quality furniture to as-new condition and creating furniture ranges from waste materials. Furniture is the biggest source of carbon emissions in a commercial building – we reduce this by 80% while saving money for clients and creating jobs for local long-term unemployed with disabilities. Our 300+ projects prove that every office can be beautiful, sustainable and cost less.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants a variety of work, enjoys creating beautiful offices, has a passion for creating a better world, is a good team player, can work independently, enjoys problem solving, and, most of all, takes pride in their work. Rype’s projects range in size from one-day furniture installations to multi-month fitout projects. As the business grows there will be opportunity to further advance your skills and future career opportunities. We are looking for an energetic, hands-on person with good attention to detail.
Working as part of a team or on your own you will be responsible for the installation of office furniture on clients’ sites, as well as delivery and collection of furniture and on occasion porterage.
On larger projects you will be working with our team of fitters and with our external fitting partners when needed, ensuring that projects are built safely, economically and within the agreed timescales, whilst delivering quality.
When driving you will use one of our low mileage Luton vans which have cruise control, rear-view cameras, driver armrests and tail lifts. We palletise as much as possible and use pump trucks to move pallets and pallet boxes.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Performing and delivering office fitout installations on time and on budget, depending on the size of the project you may work on your own or with a team of fitters.
- Liaising and reporting to the Site Supervisor or Project Manager who will be responsible for the overall installation on client sites.
- Collecting and delivering furniture to and from various sites and warehouses.
- Loading and offloading the van and ensuring the load is safely secured.
- Keeping the company’s fleet presentable and in good working order, including servicing, MOT’s, general repairs, fuelling and cleaning.
- Relevant trades experience (e.g. carpentry, furniture manufacturing, kitchen fitting)
- Good customer service skills with a polite and professional disposition
- Demonstrable experience using hand and power tools
- Demonstrable knowledge of safely packing a van and securing a load
- Competent in using navigation apps to find the most optimal routes
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Full clean UK Driving License showing permit to drive a manual vehicle, up-to-date medical information.
- Over 25 years of age with no traffic incidents in the last 3 years and no traffic accidents in the last 5 years (essential for vehicle insurance purposes)
- 2 or more continuous years of driving a loaded manual van
- Able to work varied hours, which may include occasional work out-of-hours, weekends, or away for the working week on a client site
- This is a physical role so you must be capable of lifting objects repeatedly during the loading and unloading process
- Medical proof from an approved medical practitioner confirming you have a minimum visual acuity of 20/50 (or corrected to 20/50)
Desirable Criteria/Experience (but not essential):
- Previous experience in installing office furniture
- HGV driving licence and experience
- Pallet Truck training
Competitive and dependent on experience.
Send your application, comprising a CV and a cover letter sharing with us your experience and why you are the best candidate for this role to Edna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that short-listed candidates will be asked to demonstrate competency to perform the role by working with the team for a paid day.
We look forward to hearing from you.