Open | Full time, London
Customer Care Team Lead
Posted: 09/03/21 | Deadline: 29/04/21
From Too Good To Go:
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 29 million users in 15 countries saving more than 54 million meals from going to waste – that’s more than 135,000 tonnes of CO2e saved! But there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Customer Care Team Lead to join us in our London office (working remotely for now!).
As Customer Care Team Lead, you are responsible for delivering high-quality, efficient, and supportive service to Too Good To Go’s UK customers. Reporting to the Head of Success, you will manage a small team of dedicated Customer Specialists, ensuring they’re motivated and high-achieving, and working together to drive improvement in the customer experience. You will act as an important “voice of the customer”, understanding their needs and communicating them internally, as well as ensuring that the mission and brand of Too Good To Go is at the forefront of our communication.
- Own and lead the delivery of customer care in the UK, ensuring timely and effective responses to customer enquiries that help them get the most out of their experience
- Manage a small team of Customer Specialists taking responsibility for their performance, objectives and development
- Managing the team’s time to ensure sufficient 7-day-a-week service (and approving timesheets for part-time team members)
- Analysing the customer experience and driving change that makes tangible improvements
- Working with the Customer Care team & Head of Success to identify, create and implement improvements to communications, processes, and use of internal systems
- Understanding our customers and be their ambassador – act as the “voice of the customer” internally
- Coordinating with the wider Success team to ensure customer feedback and issues are acknowledged and followed up on internally or with partner stores
- Acting as a Customer Specialist yourself: answering enquiries over email, social media and sometimes phone
- Creating clear email communications for both customers and store partners consistent with our brand tone of voice
- Developing an in depth knowledge of the product and relevant internal systems
- Working closely with our Partner Specialist and Sales teams to ensure Customer Care procedures are understood and embedded within the teams
- 2+ years experience working in Customer Care or Customer Service
- Excellent written communication skills, someone who can be clear and friendly in an email conversation
- An empathetic and patient approach
- Autonomous and independent; you are able to structure your own and the team’s time and juggle multiple tasks at once
- Analytical mindset with experience working with data
- A positive and proactive mindset, ready to adapt to the needs of a fast-growing organisation
- A person who is solution-oriented in everything they do, embracing opportunities to improve
- Initiative; someone with a track record of getting things done and taking the lead in doing so
- Bonus: line management or project coordination experience
We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 700 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to UK Bank Holidays
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off as well
- Private business health insurance, with numerous perks and well-being benefits
- A vibrant office in the heart of Shoreditch
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
Too Good To Go is an equal opportunity employer.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Too Good To Go
Too Good To Go connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it.